2020 is now upon us, and that means a new blog theme for the year at MS Mommy Blog. 2020 is the year of vision: think about the importance of 20/20 vision, and the phrase “hindsight is 20/20.” It is also a year of balance, something that happens once a century. With that in mind, I wanted to focus this year’s theme on balance and harmony. While the year itself holds no power, we can use it to remind ourselves of the importance of incorporating balance and harmony in our lives with chronic illness.
I feel that focusing our energy on personal balance and harmony is timely considering the surge of global unrest and the role this year plays in American politics. I promise never to get political on this blog, but what I will advocate is finding ways to give yourself a break when the news gets to be too much.
2020 is a year geared towards making a commitment to yourself and finding what keeps you centered in the face of politics, painful news stories, your health, your professional life, and your personal life. There’s a lot to handle this year, so now is the time to say, “I can handle it healthily.”
Let’s take a quick look for what to expect for the rest of this year.
In the coming months, look forward to posts on the following themes:
- Moderation in our habits & mind
- MS Awareness
- Further examination with self-compassion in the face of physical limitations
- Learning to balance strong emotions
- Working through mental imbalance and bringing that into harmony
- Embracing self-acceptance
- The importance of work-life balance with a chronic illness
- Embracing self-care for overall satisfaction
- In the face of uncertainty, finding internal balance
- Healing from disappointment and external turmoil
- What is inner peace and how to find it
Balance & Harmony in a Chronic Illness
So what is balance and harmony with a chronic illness?
I am hoping that this year will help answer that question. I have my ideas of what it looks like for me, but as I do an in-depth examination into what others say on the matter, I might find my answer changes. I want to spend this year exploring this theme not just for myself, but for my readers as well.
New Features to the Blog
2020 is a year of different opportunities for me that I want to share with you. I plan on having several new features that run weekly or monthly on the blog. These include:
- More guest posts from other chronic illness bloggers
- More book reviews
- Following my MS medication journey
- Following me as I work towards completing my first marathon
The weekly newsletter will be revamped shortly, so look for new newsletters in the coming weeks. If you haven’t signed up for it yet, please do so now!
Attention to Chronic Illness Bloggers!
The MS Mommy Blog is looking to collaborate with other chronic illness bloggers for this year. If you have a chronic illness blog and would like an opportunity to tap into the MS Mommy Blog audience, please contact me here. I look forward to hearing from you.
Like this post? Make sure to follow me on your favorite social media platform and show some love by sharing it. Links found below.
Featured photo credit: Canva